Lakes Park is a place for all of the southwest Florida community to enjoy. Visitors can relax, exercise and explore. The park boasts several miles of paved and unpaved trails and boardwalks. Water activities include canoeing, kayaking, and fishing. Picnicking and bird watching are also popular activities. Visitors can make use of our outdoor fitness stations, enjoy our gardens, or reserve shelters for private parties. Enjoy tours throughout the park. Lakes Park hosts many community events such as the Lakes Park Farmers Market, the Fall Festival featuring Scarecrows In The Park, StoryTime in the Garden, and more.
History of Lakes Park
The history of Lakes Park is a study in the majesty and strength of nature. As late as the 1960s, this beautiful property was a man–made quarry. Transformed by time into a haven for wildlife and nature lovers, it is a monument to the enduring power of nature. Purchased by Lee County in 1978, the park was developed in 1984 for the community to enjoy.
With the help of Hurricane Charley in August 2004, many invasive exotic trees were downed throughout the park. This event helped to validate the drastic need for removal of exotic vegetation, and escalated the park’s exotic removal program. Over the past several years, new playgrounds and water parks have been added. The Miniature Train & Railroad Museum was founded in 1992, and new concession facilities with food sales, bike and watercraft rentals have been expanded.
Important Park Information
- Park open seven days a week
- No Alcohol, Pets, or Electric / Motorized Vehicles at any time.
- Parking fee: $1.00/hour or $5.00 per day
- Lee County Annual Parking Stickers are accepted at this location
- NO SWIMMING IN LAKE
- Food service offered at concession facility.
- Upcoming events and more information: visit www.LakesPark.org , call 239-533-7575 or email info@LakesPark.org.
- Shelter reservations: call Lee County Parks and Recreation at 239-533-7575
- For information on the Railroad Museum of Southwest Florida and train rides, visit RRMSF.ORG
Every year, the Southwest Florida community enjoys the natural beauty of Lakes Park for exercise and family recreation. Special events such as Scarecrows in the Park, the Farmers Markets, and monthly Botanic Garden Tours make this a place for the community to gather and celebrate. We believe everyone should benefit from the beauty and fun available at Lakes Park. That’s why we’ve created the E.Z. Rider Lakes Park Assisted Tour Service for elderly or visitors with medical conditions that prohibit or limit physical activity.
Reserve your E.Z. Rider Tour! Call 239-533-7578