Enriching our park, enhancing our community
The Lakes Park Enrichment Foundation is a non-profit organization which tasked themselves with enhancing the beauty and experience of Lakes Park. The Foundation continues to make efforts that grow its membership, volunteerism and donations.
Currently, the Foundation is working to raise funds that support the following enhancements to Lakes Park:
- COMMUNITY GARDEN – replacement of aging raised beds where people learn to grow their own food and donate the extra to a local soup kitchen.
- CHILDREN’S GARDEN – planned additions include demo garden certifications and a human sundial.
- LAKES PARK SUMMER CAMP – funding of programs and equipment to enhance the Summer Camp experience.
Throughout the year, the Lakes Park Enrichment Foundation hosts community events designed to raise awareness and funds to support enhancements to Lakes Park.
- SCARECROWS in the PARK – a part of the Lakes Park Fall Festival each October. Sponsorships are available and contestants compete for prizes in two competitions: VIP Judged and The People’s Choice.
- THE LAKES PARK FARMERS MARKET – runs seasonally on Wednesday mornings from October through April.
- PLANT SALES – Support the Botanic Garden! Visit us at the Farmers Market on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays from October through April.
For more information on how you can become involved in supporting Lakes Park as a volunteer, donor or corporate partner, please visit our “Get Involved” page.“